The FCC awarded a license in Feb of 1998. Leo One plans to be operational some time in 2000.
A $250 million project from dBX Corp for 48 LEO satellites arranged in 8 orbital planes at an altitude of 950 Km.
- Downlink freq. 137 to 138 MHz
- Uplink freq. 148 to 150.05 MHz
- Data rate (uplink) 2.4 to 9.6 kbit/s
- Data rate (downlink) 24 kbit/s
Aimed at the low cost vehicle tracking, status monitoring, paging, and emergency alerting niches
- Leo One Corporation
- 150 North Meramec Avenue, # 620
- St Louis, MO 63105
- Tel: (314) 746-0567
- Fax: (314) 721-3410
No Updates available on: March 2002