Today Alan Simpson advises the legal profession on Competitive Intelligence and GeoPolitical Intelligence to protect and assist their clients. He has advised many law firms on developing their own Open Source Intelligence departments, and their own media tracking departments. The high profile lawyers who represent clients in the public eye need that capability of tracking the media, and the public perceptions before, during, and after major trials.
Law firms are one of the biggest users of Open Source Intelligence in their search for media coverage, news or statements about, or from their clients. Their interpretation of media intelligence can completely alter their position and strategy in the courtroom, or in negotiations for their client. OSINT has become a essential part of Due Diligence, especially where acquisitions and investment in corporations is concerned.
Y2K Legal Archives
From 1996 Alan Simpson spearheaded the distribution of Legal Intelligence to Lawyers throughout the world. The website became the daily reading of legislators and lawyers alike, as many aspects of Due Diligence were brought out into the open. During the days of Y2K he joined with such market leaders as LexisNexis to bring the latest intelligence on Y2K to their subscribers. The Y2K legal papers are kept on this section to allow study by law students.
- Admin'n Relaxes Restrictions on Encryption Software - Nadler & Furman (Oct '99)
- President Signs Y2K Act - David Nadler & Geoffrey Bestor ( Aug 1999)
- First Y2K Class Action is Certified - David Nadler & Valerie. M. Furman (June 1999)
- Y2K Legislation Update - David Nadler (May 1999)
- Will Y2K become Healthcare's S & L Crisis ? - Steven Goldberg (Oct. '98)
- Embedded Systems - The Real Year 2000 Problem - David M. Nadler ( Aug. "98)
- Good Samaritan Bill Will Reduce the Risks of Sharing Info - David M Nadler & Edward W. Kirsch (Aug '98)
- The Year 2000 Problem- Guidelines for Value Added Resellers - David M. Nadler & Edward W. Kirsch (Aug "98)
- The Year 2000 Crisis - Conducting a Legal Audit - Michael D. Scott - ( Apr. '98)
- Law of The Millennium - David M. Nadler & Kendrick C. Fong (Apr. 98) -
- Year 2000 Lawsuits Begin - David M. Nadler & Kendrick C. Fong (Apr. '98) -
- First Year 2000 Class Action Filed - David M. Nadler & Kendrick C. Fong (Apr. '98)
- SEC Issues Year 2000 Guidelines - David M. Nadler (Apr. '98) -
- Legal Liability and the Millennium Date Change Problem - Andrew Rigby (Feb '98) - A comprehensive examination of the Year 2000 problem through the eyes of a London Lawyer.
- The Double Whammy - Year 2000 & EMU - Lawrence Phillips (Feb '98) -The technical hurdles that may be faced during the transition, leading to legal liability
- Liability of Managed Care Organizations for Y2K Failures - Steven H Golberg (Nov '97) An "examination" of the liabilities for Healthcare.
- How Lawyers Can Help Meet the Year 2000 Challenge - Steven H Golberg A direct analysis of the ways Lawyers can assist with Year 2000. The first real evaluation of how lawyers can help.
- Hospitals & Healthcare - Year 2000 Business & Legal Risks - Steven H. Goldberg An analysis of managing the business & legal risks for hospitals and healthcare systems.
- Year 2000 Computer Failures: Managing Business & Legal Risks - Steven H. Goldberg Overview of the legal and business risks of the Y2K issue.
- Health Care - Are You Playing Russian Roulette ? - Michael R. Cashman An examination of the risks of infection, remedies and patient care for the health industry.
- Overview of Year 2000 for Congress - Jeff Jinnett Testimony before Congress, but one which gives extensive overview of the issues and potential remedies.
- For Risk Managers the Year 2000 is Now - Andrew M. Pegalis Advice for risk managers involved in Year 2000 remediation projects.
- 10 Litigation Battlegrounds - Dan Steinberg & Andrew M. Pegalis Ten Year 2000 potential litigation battlegrounds, divided by platform and likely parties in the suit.
- Negotiating the End of the Millennium - William S. Galkin. The legal issues in successfully negotiating a solution to the Year 2000 problem. William S Galkin is a specialist lawyer in computer software, hardware and online ventures.
- The Millennium Time Bomb - Are You Bomb Proof? - Shonaig MacPherson Scottish Legal Briefing Paper from Shonaig MacPherson, of McGrigor Donald, Edinburgh. Examines Y2K Suppliers liability from the view of Scottish Law.
- Diffusing Y2000 Millennium Bomb - Pryor & Hannell Paper from Richard Pryor and Alax Hannell, Technology Law Group, Bonnins Commercial lawyers, covering Year 2000 issues "down under".
- Y2K Legal Issues Confronting Federal/State Gov'ts (Updated) - Jeff Jinnett Jeff Jinnett, of LeBeouf, Lamb, Green and MacRae, LLP, New York has created the definitive paper for Federal and State Government.
- "Legal Risk Management for the Millennium" - Steven L.Hock These series of papers from Steven Hock and the team at TMJB, form a comprehensive seminar, originally presented to key clients.
- "Legal Issues & Risks of Y2K " - Rauer L. Mayer & Steven L. Hock A look at the general issues facing corporations with their Year 2000 planning.
- "Year 2000 Copyright Maze" - Steven L.Hock More on the copyright issues. Companies need to look at these issues closely, especially when sending software overseas, or to third parties for rectification and modification.
- Y2K Solutions Raise Copyright Issues" - Steven L Hock & Christine L. Lofgren As many have found the copyright issues are causing major headaches for companies dissecting their IT systems for Y2K remediation.
- "Y2K Software Crisis: Legal Gauntlet of the Millennium" - Steven L. Hock Steven Hock leads the team of lawyers at Thelen, Marrin, Johnson & Bridges, LLP. He makes a general overview of the problem.
- Legal (Y2K) Issues Confronting the Federal & State Governments - Jeff Jinnett (Original Paper) The second legal paper from Jeff Jinnet on Year 2000 issues. It takes a look at the legal implications for Federal and State Governments, and other national institutions. Sobering reading.
- Legal Issues Concerning the Year 2000 "Millennium Bug" - Jeff Jinnett. Jeff is Of Counsel to the New York law firm of LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae, L.L.P, practicing in the area of computer law.
- "Immediate Action at the Highest Corporate Levels" - Steven L. Hock, Thelen, Marrin, Johnson & Bridges - The second legal paper from TMJB in San Francisco.
- "The Digital Teenager" - William B. Bierce, Bierce& Kenerson, P.C. , New York. An interesting look at the Year 2000 problem.
- The Year 2000 Problem - Steven L. Hock - A briefing paper from the Year 2000 Team, Technology Law Group, Thelen, Marrin, Johnson & Bridges, with one of the largest teams of lawyers, specializing in Year 2000 conversion issues.
- Computer Software and Year 2000 Compliance - William A. Tanenbaum - Legal paper on the issues raised by Year 2000 software compliance, on vendors, users and corporate officers.
- Computer Software and Year 2000 Compliance - William A. Tanebaum -Legal paper on the issues raised by Year 2000 software compliance, on vendors, users and corporate officers. William Tanebaum is a partner in Rogers & Wells, and a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Law Group in the firm's New York office. He is past President of the Computer Law Association.
- Lost in Cyberia: Electronic Transmissions Under the Law of Copyright By William A. Tanenbaum Legal discussion paper on the "National Information Infrastructure (NII) White Paper." Looks at the whole question of copyright on the Internet.
Back to Main Menu